Looking for Alaska by John Green

Before. Miles “Pudge” Halter's whole life has been one big non-event. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into a new life, and steals his heart. After. Nothing is ever the same.
I really enjoyed this book. It brought in the true feelings of grief that people experience and also just being a teen. Pudge is a normal kid that is starting over in a new place. When I was younger, I moved a lot, so I could relate to that feeling and the excitement and fear that comes with it. I also loved his fascination with famous last words. Alaska was free and very spirited. I liked that she didn't care about what others though of her. The Colonel was also very awesome. He made me laugh a lot and was a fun character in a sea of sadness. The thing that I like most about this book is the structure that it was written. The book is separated in Before and After segments. The fact that Before is counting down to some huge event makes the book full of suspense. John Green created a memorable book that both teens and adults will love.

0 comments: